We are looking for new team members for our AutoML group at the Leibniz University of Hannover. These can be either:
- PhD student
A promising candidate should have the following mandatory skills:
- An excellent first academic degree in artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer science, statistics or a related discipline.
- A solid understanding and hands-on experience with machine learning and/or deep learning
- Advanced programming skills in Python
- Solid skills in scientific writing (shown by an excellent master thesis for PhD candidates, or published papers for PostDocs)
Further (optional) beneficial skills can include:
- Hyperparameter optimization
- Neural architecture search
- Algorithm configuration
- Bayesian optimization
- Meta-Learning and transfer learning
- Reinforcement learning
- Evolutionary strategies
- Hard-combinatorial problem solving (e.g., SAT or ASP)
The concrete future research topic is up to negotiations, but has to be in the field of AutoML.
The salary scale for full-time positions is TV-L E13 (with a monthly gross salary between 3800 EUR and 4800 EUR, depending on experience and previous position).
Application materials comprise:
- Full set of transcripts
- Research statement — brief statement of what drives you and what are your goals in applying to AutoML Hannover (at most 1 page)
- At least 2 references (only for PostDocs!)
- For each reference, please include name, title, and email address.
- References should expect to be contacted for a reference letter.
Please submit these documents by September 27, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leibniz Universität Hannover wants to particularly promote the professional equality of women and men, and therefore strongly recommends applications of qualified women.